Monday, August 20, 2012

So after leaving the farm I headed to Shoreview MN to pick up the cousin for the ride to New Auburn WI for the cousin reunion.  Now Lovise learned a ting or 3 in Shoreview....  Meat Raffles, I never heard of them....  they don't have them in California that I know of.  Next I learn the cousin Amy can sing, and love the karaoke  OMG she would love CA but would only be competing with the Koreans.....  
So below we see cousin Sara sporting the Asian Sunglasses that have been making a hit, no one in WI has seen them there..... 


Nomar (below) finds that they also have gardens in Wisconsin, Sara has lots of goodies growing in her garden, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, lots of basil, pumpkins, corn, gourds, squashes and probably some others I don't remember 
 We also got to go on the 'cocktail' cruises on the pontoon boat Lynn is having a nice glass of wine and is not happy that I got that look on her face, sorry you moved and I couldn't help it
 Cousin Sara is happy it was not a profile and she had her hat on. The son was bright but it was just a bit breezy but very comfortable on Long Lake.
 The sun shining on the lake was a lot prettier than this picture, but for my little Coolpix I think it was a decent picture... 
 Poor Nomar didn't have a life jacket so couldn't go on the cocktail cruise BUT he did get introduced to Fooseball 
 If he wasn't careful he was going to get hurt...  Those foosers didn't know who they were messing with!
 A view from the patio out to the lake, would be nice to look out at this every day, not sure if I could deal with humidity that sometimes accompanies this lovely sight but I could try.
 Sara's garden, beautiful as it was 2 years ago and some things are new and some are gone, no sun flowers due to a fungus that hangs around for some years (according to Dick)  
 For my telephone peep's..... ok this is rural area and they got fiber here and the internet worked good!!! Of course my AT&T cell service had NO BARS!!!!!  Wow what doesn't surprise me about that LOL
 Peggy, Terri and Sara leave Lovise and her cousin Lynn in the dust.....  Lynn has plantar fasciitis and from the description I am grateful I don't have it!!!
 Cousins etc left to right Lynn Ann Miller eldest daughter of Roma Solie Storch, Sara Jo Solie Baer, eldest of Riley Solie, me, eldest of Allen Solie, Amy Solie Stegman (sister to Sara) Terri Biese (in back in purple, daughter of Lynn) and Peggy Miller ( daughter in law to Lynn) There were pictures taken on Lynn's, Peggy's and Terri's cameras so there is no doubt one where we all looked really good but of the 2 taken on mine this is the best...
 Even though Nomar looks old he couldn't have the beer so settled for the root beer
 Last morning at Long Lake so I got up early, put on the jacket (it was a little chilly) and took the picture below..... it was so pretty and peaceful and pretty smooth too. 






Got on the road before noon and Amy was back in Shoreview before 1 PM.  I was off and 'running' headed to Iowa.  Tomorrow a little exploring in Decorah and than on to Mason City to see Donetta... and probably a lot more corn on the way too.  Hope  I might see some fire flies tomorrow night that would be way cool.
Now I think even thought it is early I might have to have a little bath and crawl in early and sleep late..... like that might happen..... 
Lovise will be making more happy trails and headed to meet Michaela in NE....  more picture to be taken and can't wait to get on the road again...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment